When I was younger, I spent a lot of time with my grandparents because my parents are both shift workers and half the time they were both working either day or night shifts simultaneously.
I spent a lot of time in the kitchen with my Gran, cooking all sorts of things from the PKU recipe books that I wanted to try.
Every morning she would make me pancakes. But not from the PKU recipe books because she found them to be too runny and not overall tasty at all. So from this she created this recipe that I use to this day. Its quick and easy to make and is definitely one of my favorite PKU recipes.
1 cup low protein flour mix
1/2 teaspoon bi carb-soda
1 teaspoon egg replacer
1 cup low protein milk (powdered or I tend to use rice milk)
margarine for cooking (I recommend Nuttelex)
1) Sift together flour and bi carb-soda.
2) Mix egg replacer and milk together in a separate bowl.
3) Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture.
4) Whisk together until thick.
5) Grease pan with margarine and cook pancakes.
6) Put on your favorite toppings and enjoy!